Annual Report 2012
Over the first year of activities, participating ISPs produced three analytical reports on:
- The evolution of Employment and Skills Needs
- The evolution of good practises and the consequent reduction of skills mismatch
- Innovative tools in employment and training policies in TCL industry
These constituted the basis for a series of recommendations established by the Social Partners to all sector stakeholders, calling:
- To support the TCL ESSC through adequate resources, while keeping its autonomy, to succeed its goal to become a fundamental tool of good governance in VCT, initial education and employment in the sector;
- To implement and develop national networks, aiming at favouring an efficient system to collect and elaborate reliable data and information;
- To support the implementation of inter-sectoral and transnational projects and working groups, linking innovation to skills development and evolution of the labour market;
- To use the ESSC as a facilitator to a transversal approach across the Commission services regarding the issues of skills, competences and labour market at sectoral level, in coherence with implementing policies stemming from the EU flagship initiatives;
- To support the implementation of communication strategies toward the new generations, aiming at attracting new skilled workers to the industry;
- To fully exploit the ESSC, in order to orientate their training offer and to create a model of excellence in sectoral training;
- The TCL Skills Council supports measures to increase attractiveness and implementation of the concept of Life Long Learning in our TCL sectors, in order to increase the internal and external employability of their skilled employees.
The three Reports and the Recommendations were compounded in a single document, which can be downloaded by clicking on the image above.